- This event has passed.
Financial Services and Markets Bill
February 25 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join the Blockchain Association Singapore (BAS) Regulatory and Compliance Sub-Committee as it takes you through the Financial Services and Markets Bill, which is before Parliament.
Highlights of Bill:
* MAS will regulate all Virtual Asset Service Providers based in Singapore, even if they only provide services to non-Singapore residents.
* MAS has expanded powers to issue Prohibition Orders across all sectors, including third party service providers.
* A new concept of “Digital Token” is created – this includes digital payment tokens and digital securities.
* A new regulated activity is the provision of financial advice relating to the offer or sale of digital tokens.
* Harmonised Powers on Technology Risk Management
We will discuss how the Bill impacts Crypto exchanges, dealing desks, DeFi projects and token issuers.