BAS Membership: Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the words below shall have the following meaning:
“Applicant” means the Individual Applicant or Corporate Applicant;
“Associate Membership” means BAS’s Corporate Membership for companies, societies, cooperative societies or bodies corporate that are part of the FinTech ecosystem or that have a strong interest in financial technology, other than those entitled to apply for Ordinary Membership;
“Corporate Applicant” means the company applying for a Membership;
“Corporate Membership” means BAS’s membership programme for companies, which includes Ordinary Membership and Associate Membership;
“Individual Applicant” means the individual applying for a Membership;
“Individual Membership” means BAS’s membership programme for individuals;
“Member” means an individual or company with a Membership;
“Membership” means an Individual Membership or a Corporate Membership with the BAS;
“Membership Fee” is defined in Clause 5;
“NTUC” means the National Trades Union Congress;
“Ordinary Membership” means BAS’s Corporate Membership for financial technology (FinTech) companies that have been registered in Singapore and have a purpose of developing, promoting or selling financial technology;
“Qualifying Individual BAS Member’‘ means a Member who is not a member of any unions or other associations affiliated to NTUC;
“BAS” means the Blockchain Association Singapore; and
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
2. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- All applications submitted by an Applicant for Membership must be complete, and by submitting the application, the Applicant is deemed to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Individual Applicant represents and warrants that he/she is at least 18 years of age and that all the information submitted in the application is complete, accurate and up to date.
- The Corporate Applicant represents and warrants that it is a company duly organized and validly existing under the laws of its jurisdiction of incorporation, and that all the information submitted in the application is complete, accurate and up to date.
- The Applicant shall make payment of the Membership Fee in accordance with Clause 5. The BAS shall not be obliged to process a Membership application until the Applicant has made payment of the Membership Fee to BAS.
- BAS reserves the right and in its sole discretion to:
- determine the number of Members in BAS;
- accept or reject (without providing reasons) the Applicant’s Membership application;
- amend or withdraw any terms, conditions, and privileges of the Membership (including these Terms and Conditions) without prior notice; and
- amend, withdraw or substitute any rewards or benefits of the Membership without prior notice.
- Upon successful registration:
- the Member shall be entitled to receive the applicable Membership benefits as may apply from time to time;
- a Member who is a Qualifying Individual BAS Member shall be entitled to receive the applicable Membership benefits and the applicable NTUC membership benefits as may apply from time to time, on condition that such Member submit an application directly to NTUC for an NTUC membership and such application is approved by NTUC. To enjoy the NTUC membership benefits, please sign up for the NTUC membership as instructed following the Membership registration. Please note that NTUC takes approximately 2-4 weeks for NTUC membership card processing.
3. MEMBERSHIP TERM
- If the BAS approves the Applicant’s Membership application, the Membership shall be valid for one (1) year from the 1stday of the following month after the BAS approves the Applicant’s Membership application.
4. MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each Member shall, during his/her Membership, comply with these Terms and Conditions and any other policies, guidelines or terms that the BAS may notify the Member from time to time.
- Each Member shall not, during his/her Membership act in any way which might be detrimental to the interests or reputation of the BAS.
- Each Member agrees to keep confidential all confidential information which it may receive from BAS in the course of his/her Membership.
5. MEMBERSHIP FEES
- The membership fees will be charged depending on the membership plan the Applicant has chosen.
- BAS may review the Membership Fees from time to time and reserves the right to adjust the Membership Fees where it considers necessary.
- For new Members, Membership Fees shall be paid upon the submission of the Membership application to BAS, and such Membership Fees shall be refunded by the BAS if BAS considers that the application or the Applicant does not qualify for Membership.
- For existing Members, the BAS shall send renewal advice emails and the Member shall pay the Membership Fees to the BAS no later than seven (7) days prior to the date of expiry of the Membership. Any failure to make such payment may result in the termination of that Membership. Any failure to make such payment may result in reapplying for the membership and shall pay the registration fees on top of the annual membership fee.
6. TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
- BAS may suspend or terminate a Membership of any Member by giving seven (7) calendar days’ notice if the following applies to the Member:
- if the Member has not paid the Membership Fees prescribed for the respective category of Membership or other dues no later than seven (7) days prior to the date of expiry of the Membership;
- if an existing Member fails to pay the applicable Membership Fee prior to the expiry of his/her then existing Membership;
- if the Member acts in breach of Clause 4;
- if the Member is in material breach of any term (other than Clause 4) of these Terms and Conditions;
- if the Member does not comply with the by-laws and codes of conduct of the BAS; or
- if the BAS Committee determines that there are reasonable grounds to terminate the Membership of the Member.
- Membership Fees shall not be refunded if Membership is terminated or suspended for whatever reason before the expiry of a Membership term.
- If a Member’s Membership is terminated or suspended, the Member shall cease to enjoy any benefits of the Membership.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
7.1 We are the owner (or the licensee, where applicable) of the following proprietary and intellectual property rights on the Site: information, data, texts, graphics, visual interfaces, artworks, photographs, icons, sound recordings, videos, look and feel, software programmes, computer code, downloadable files, software applications, interactive features, tools, services, the Blockchain Association Singapore trademark or logo (as displayed below), trade names related to or associated with “Blockchain Association Singapore”, or any other content made available on or through the Site.
7.2 We grant you, subject to these Terms, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, personal, terminable and limited license to access and use the Site for your own personal and non-commercial use. This license is revocable or able to be terminated by us, at any time without notice to you or liability to us. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us.
7.3 Without our prior written permission, you agree not to display or use any name, trade name or trademark of the “BAS” for advertising, publicity, promotional or any other purposes.
7.4 I agree that any name, trade name or trademark of the “BAS” possesses a special, unique and extraordinary character which makes it difficult to assess the monetary damages arising from their unauthorized use. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, I recognize that irreparable injury would be caused by the unauthorized use of any of the BAS Trademarks and agree that the following remedies would be appropriate in the event of any unauthorized use, and that these remedies would not be exclusive of other legal remedies:
(i) injunctive relief,
(ii) damages which includes and shall not be limited to any harm caused to BAS’ reputation or goodwill, and/or;
(iii) an account of profits which includes and shall not be limited to any reputational goodwill earned as a result of the unauthorized use.
- These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, Singapore law.
- In the event that any of these terms is held to be invalid, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all prior discussions or understandings relating to such matters.